Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Grass iOS App & Eagle Cam





The stimulation is really interesting as we're doing it during winter time inside the dark classroom with the sounds of nature and graphic of Grass App in Apple iPad. It was fun for a a few moment but after 2 minutes, I was really annoyed by it since it is really fake and does not really move the way you want it to be. I hope that this is not the situation on the future where are there is only digital world and nothing is natural. The second stimulation is the classic Atari style of 16bits games called "Guru Meditation" and this game is really interesting since the I use to play high definition graphic game on my iOS devices on iPad like Infinity Blade II which is required a lot of input toward the game actions. Guru Meditation just requires users to put the two thumbs on the screen of the iPad and hold it parallel to the ground. The score is determined by how long can you whole the iPad without crushing the guru. It is interesting to note that the meditation is involve the mountain view and cloudy sky in the background even it's a really low resolution one. The view did not really do anything to me since I actually close my eyes while playing this game and try to hole it as straight as possible. In my point of view, the experience of stimulation is really great and if I ask to choose between the two games, I would go for the Guru Meditation one.




The EagleCamp is also interesting since there is a small tool that can stream the eagle through the webcam and I am really surprised by the number of the people who view this streaming these eagle nests. I believe that people can actually learn something but there is one problem that I don't know whether or not it would affect the eagles. The problem is when I view the streaming at night, there is a light source in front of the nest and it is right enough  for me to see a little mouse in the nest. Beside that I feel a little frustrated since I have spent about 20 minutes of my times streaming this webcam and nothing shows up beside the picture of nest, snow and couple sticks with the weird background noise like car horn and dog barking. However, I would support EagleCam since it is the real life streaming without any editing clips of eagles. 

streaming @http://www.ustream.tv/decoraheagles


No comments:

Post a Comment